Allegheny Unitarian Universalist Church on Pittsburgh’s North Side is looking for a collaborative, caring individual to oversee our faith development program for pre-K through 12-year olds, teaching 8-11-year olds twice monthly, and recruiting and supporting adult volunteers. Love and clearances are must-haves. If you or somebody you know would be an asset to this ministry to children, please apply!
About Allegheny Unitarian Universalist Church
We are a welcoming, urban congregation that puts Unitarian Universalism into action by celebrating life, nourishing the spirit and inspiring a commitment to justice. Founded in 1906. Located at W North Ave & Resaca on Pittsburgh’s North Side in the Mexican War Streets neighborhood.
Allegheny Unitarian Universalist Church is seeking a responsible, caring individual to oversee the pre-K and Elementary programs Sunday mornings from 10am until 12pm. This is a year-round, on-going staff position for 8 hours per week (2-3 hours per week) supervised by the Minister.
Religious Educator will be primarily responsible for:
• Teach elementary classes twice monthly on Sunday morning
• Contribute to at least quarterly all-ages services
• Offer all-ages focus (story, lesson, song, etc.) at least monthly during Sunday worship
• Coordinate, recruit, and support volunteers
• Prior teaching experience, especially with behavioral needs children
• Enthusiasm for and the ability to interact well with children
• Caring and nurturing, and able to work collaboratively
• Flexible and creative with children
• Respect and teach the principles of Unitarian Universalism
• Meet legally required clearances
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, references and other relevant materials.
Email: re at alleghenyuu.org
Postal mail: Allegheny UU Church, 1110 Resaca Pl, Pittsburgh, PA 15212